Why the British Sign Awards celebrates the cream of signage, from etched signs to shop fronts
For the fourth year running, the British Sign Awards will be celebrating the cream of the crop of the signage world. This prestigious awards ceremony will be held at Leicester Athena, a new venue for the 2017 event. It aims to celebrate all kinds of signage from etched signs to shop front. Categories include:
- Wide Format Project of the Year;
- Architectural Sign of the Year;
- Retail Signage Award;
- Young Signmaker of the Year;
- The Craftsman Award;
- Commercial Vehicle Graphics of the Year;
- Wayfinding Scheme of the Year;
- Small Signmaker of the Year;
- Illuminated Sign of the Year;
- Leisure industry Signage of the Year;
- Product of the year.
The former cinema, in its Art Deco glory, has gained a good reputation for hosting conferences and live performances. Previous acts have include Roy Chubby Brown and Olly Murs. Whoever sweeps the board for excellent etched sign will be treading the same boards as the outspoken comedian and the The X Factor singer.
The British Sign Awards will start at 12 midday and run till 5pm on Thursday 09 November 2017. Interested companies wishing to make a nomination have until the 08 September 2017 to do so.
Able Engraving and Design, 04 September 2017.