How engraved safety signs allow for a safe system of work
Effective safety signage is an absolute must. For employers, no exceptions, whatsoever. It enables us to don protective clothing, evacuate safely, warn people of potential risk, and prevent us from doing dangerous acts. As well as for our own benefit, also to the employer’s advantage in lieu of better productivity and lower insurance premiums.
A well thought out system of safety signage is imperative on a number of levels. We at Able Engraving and Design offer engraved safety signage. Everything conforms to the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996. This system is based on four colours, as detailed below.
Safety Signage colours explained:
- Red: denotes prohibition or danger. Used to deter dangerous behaviour, stop or shut down machinery, as an emergency cut-out, or for evacuation. Also used for fire fighting equipment;
- Yellow/Amber: used for warning signs, requiring persons to take precautionary measures;
- Blue: mandatory signs pertaining to specific behaviours or actions, for example, the use of personal protective equipment;
- Green: used to denote emergency escapes or first aid facilities. Particularly doors, fire escapes and equipment.
For hotels and offices, our etched and engraved safety signs offer a good alternative to vinyl equivalents. We not only offer safety signage in engraved forms, we also have safety signs available in silkscreen vinyl. These include:
- Fire exit and escape signs;
- Hazard warning signs;
- Health and Safety signs;
- Mandatory signs and labels.
For everything you need to know about silkscreen vinyl and engraved safety signage, why not give us a call on 01342 843211. Alternatively, you may prefer to email us on sales[at]able-engraving.co.uk. Either way, we’ll be happy to help you and respond to your request as soon as we can.
Able Engraving and Design, 03 November 2015.